Sunday, June 27, 2010

Coaches vs. Fathers, Who Do We Need More Of?


As Father's Day has come and gone, I now have time to reflect on the importance, or lack of importance, of the role of the father in the lives in the young men of today. The conclusion that I came to is that the role is vitally important. I want to throw a question out there. If you had to choose which parental role was more important to the successful upbringing of a child, is it the mother or the father? Now, before you answer that question, I do ask that you pause for a minute, take a deep breath, and then take all the emotions out of your mind and hearts. Once you have done that, I then ask that you give me an honest answer. If I had to guess, for a variety of reasons, the majority of you may have said the mothers are more important. I’ll come back to that later.


read more…

No comments: