Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Obama Waffles, Another Day, Another Racist Attack


I am not that surprised by the racially-charged phrasing and downright racist images being used in the campaign against Barack Obama. What upset me most is that so many of my fellow Americans find it not only acceptable, but amusing, appropriate and fair to attack his black identity. "Obama Waffles" is the latest example of Jim Crow racist images cynically cast as legitimate political satire. The products were on display at the Values Voter Summitt that was hosted by a conservative Christian group. The bad news is that at least according to its creators, the product was selling like, well...um, hotcakes.

Each night as I watch CNN, I wonder when will the campaigns stop their attacts and begin speaking to the need of the people.

No comments: