Monday, December 13, 2010

David Maack will not seek a six term on Racine City Council

Alderman David Maack, right, holds an example of a bronze plaque that will be erected at the Racine Transit Center in honor of Corrine Reid-Owens. Maack led the crusade to have the building named after the longtime local civil rights leader

Statement By Alderman David L. Maack

Two years ago, as I began my fifth term as alderman for the 5th District, I made the decision that this would be my last term. However, many asked me to reconsider my decision so like we do every two years, I sat down with my family and we weighed the pros and cons of that decision. This is my daughter’s last year at home. My son is working towards his Eagle Scout and I would like to help him achieve that goal. Therefore, we have decided not to seek a sixth term on the City Council.

Read the entire statement…

Related story in daily paper…

No comments: